Pricing Options (MSRP)
The base level Canyon SL starts at $22,645. The upgraded Canyon SLE starts at $32,245, and the premium Canyon SLT starts at $34,295.
When it comes to powerful performance, you’re sure to find it no matter which version you choose:
- 2.5L Four-Cylinder: The base engine is a 2.5L direct overhead camshaft four-cylinder machine with variable valve timing and direct injection to maximize both power and fuel economy. The results are strong with output of 200 hp and 191 lb-ft of torque, along with a combined 9.1L/100km. Towing tops out at 1,588 kg with this model.
- 3.6L V6: You can also opt for the 3.6L V6 engine to up your performance a commanding 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. This engine gets 9.2L/100km. You’ll get more towing capabilities with this model at up to a 3,175 kg capacity.
Trims and Features
Whether your priority is basic safety or the full lineup of features, you’ll get the performance and features you need with the GMC Canyon trim choices:
- The base SL level starts with a theft-deterrent system and a rearview vision camera for your safety. You’ll get solar absorbing glass and a locking tailgate, along with 16-inch ultra silver metallic wheels. The interior features air conditioning with a functional analogue driver information center, as well as power locks and a power four-way driver’s seat.
- The Canyon trim adds a two-speed transfer case for shifting gears, along with options like recovery hooks, splash guards, and a tailgate liner. You’ll also have the option of a convenience package with remote keyless entry and cruise control, along with a cloth-covered rear seat that can fold back with storage under the seat.
- The SLE trim level adds OnStar telematics service, with six months of free navigation. You’ll also get a standard security system, along with some unique trim accents and 17-inch blade silver tires. On this trim level, you can also choose the All-Terrain package, with a specially tuned Off-Road suspension, auto-locking rear differential and hill descent control, all-terrain tires, and more!
- The SLT trim level adds a remote starter system, unique mirrors, and 18-inch polished wheels. You’ll get automatic climate control, leather surfaces, the IntelliLink infotainment system and more!
Auto critics agree that the GMC Canyon is a great choice for midsize pickup drivers:
- Car and Driver: “…the Canyon should satisfy the demands of its target audience. It is capable, looks good, has respectable performance, has a good work ethic, is solidly built, and yes, is more tractable than a full-size truck for owners who will be using it essentially as an all-around SUV with an open cargo bed.”
- The Car Connection: “The 2015 GMC Canyon…reminds us why mid-sizers are a good alternative for drivers that covet utility over ultimate payload and towing numbers.”
Get the Job Done with the 2015 GMC Canyon
When you’re ready to take your work performance to the next level, contact Westridge Buick GMC to set up a test drive and find out about our competitive financing options.