Stylish Interior and Exterior
Pickup trucks aren’t usually known for their style, but the 2017 GMC Canyon puts stereotypes on the backburner and creates a class of its own. From a chrome grille surround for a rugged yet classy look, to an exceptionally quiet interior with dual-density seat foam and a large center console, you’ll be amazed by the new Canyon’s features. Perfect for your storage and hauling needs, the cargo box with an integrated CornerStep rear bumper is the largest by volume, and can be equipped with available upper tie-downs, a spray-on bedliner, and more.
Additional features include:
- Stain-resistant cloth upholstery
- Strategically designed headliner for more headroom
- Projector-beam headlamps with LED-signature lighting for maximum visibility and efficiency
- Optional All-Terrain Package with carbon-fiber-esque trim and Red stitching
- Available aluminum trim
Powerful performance has never been so efficient. The 2017 GMC Canyon is available with your choice of three engines, guaranteeing you have the power you need and the fuel efficiency you deserve:
- The standard 2.5L 4-cylinder engine comes with a 6-speed manual transmission, and generates 200 hp and 191 lb-ft of torque. On the 2WD models, it boasts up to 11.8 city/9.0 L/100 km highway rating, while the 4WD models get a 12.4 city/9.0 L/100 km highway score.
- Accompanied by an 8-speed automatic transmission, the optional 3.6L V6 engine outputs 308 hp and 275 lb-ft of torque. The V6 engine nets a 13.1 city/9.0 L/100 km highway rating for the 2WD models, and a 13.8 city/9.4 L/100 km highway rating for the 4WD models.
- You can also opt for a 2.8L turbo-diesel Duramax 4-cylinder engine, rated at 181 hp and a staggering 369 lb-ft of torque. The turbo-diesel gets a 10.7 city/7.8 L/100 km highway score with the 2WD models, while the 4WD models earn an 11.8 city/8.4 L/100 km highway rating.
The 2017 GMC Canyon has a maximum conventional towing capacity of up to 1,588 kilograms. While the Canyon is in towing mode, Trailer Sway Control keeps your trailer in line with your vehicle. All the while, StabiliTrak helps you to stay on course, even on rough terrains and in harsh Lloydminster weather conditions.
Staying connected and in control is important, and the 2017 GMC Canyon has the latest technology advances every Lloydminster and Cold Lake driver needs. Standard on the Canyon SLE and above, the IntelliLink interface with a 203-millimetre touchscreen lets you customize your media to your needs, and connects to your iPhone via Apple CarPlay smartphone integration. The USB and auxiliary inputs make it easy to enjoy your favourite music on the road, while the optional voice and steering wheel controls let you adjust audio settings and available Bluetooth on command. What’s more, 4G LTE built-in Wi-Fi is available through OnStar, so you can stay connected no matter where the road takes you.
Whether you’re in the city or on the highway, the 2017 GMC Canyon will keep you safe. Every Canyon comes equipped with a traction control system, comprehensive airbags, and anti-lock disc brakes. The standard Rear Vision Camera (SLE and above) displays a view of the area behind the Canyon on the central screen, making reversing and/or parking easy and stress-free. A few optional safety add-ons include:
- The Driver Alert Package adds Forward Collision Alert, which notifies you of impending frontal collisions.
- Lane Departure Warning is also included in the Driver Alert Package, and alerts you the moment you begin to drift from your lane.
- For most Canyon trims, a 6-month trial of OnStar Guidance Plan is available, and adds Roadside Assistance, Turn-by-Turn Navigation, Automatic Crash Response, and Stolen Vehicle Assistance.
Drive a GMC Canyon Home Today!
Westridge Buick GMC is home to a full lineup of 2017 GMC Canyon Pickups – ready for Lloydminster drivers to check out! To schedule your test drive, contact us at 855-829-1813 Monday through Saturday! You can also stop by our dealership at 2406 50th Ave in Lloydminster, AB!